Sunday, November 9, 2008

Introducing Our Pen-pals (part 1)


I thought it would be nice for Petr, and all of us too, to get to know the wonderful people who joined our project. I will be posting photos of people who sent a card or cards to Petr. It will be so much fun to connect our cards with the faces! :-) Enjoy! I am having so much fun doing this!
First one is Colt. He is a young boy from Victor, NEW YORK. His card somehow stayed in my head the most. I think the comment to his photo did it. He wrote next to his picture: "I have braces!" Thank you so much Colt!


There are many card from our Grandpa and Grandma Goodwin. They already sent several cards, but so far I have photos of CANADA and I think it was VIRGINIA, I will double check this one, but I know there was a lot more. As soon as Petr sends the info to me, I will correct it here.


... Jesse and Lucas's grandparents, Phyllis and Bob Goodwin

The next card was sent by my good friend, Katya and her husband Matt while visiting relatives in WASHINGTON...


The next card came from MARYLAND, from our wonderful babysitter Heather Groot, and her mom and dad. They sent it while visiting their son at the college.

This is Heather and her mom about 5 years ago, and the baby they are holding is actually Jesse! They came to see him for the first time. :-) Photo on the right is Heather about a year ago... isn't she gorgeous ;-)

Here is a couple that sent several cards, but the most special card Petr got came from ALASKA, from Pud and Sandy Buttons. Petr loves corresponding with them and ask a lot how they are doing. They live in Canandaigua, but seem to travel a bit. They just got back from GERMANY and of course, didn't forget to send Petr his card! Petr was so excited! He only wished he could meet with them, because Prag is just few hours away from where the Buttons were visiting...


This wonderful family are the Buttons as well. Bob is the Button's son, living in TEXAS and he actually started this bloggin idea. He put Petr's story on his blog and has been helping with this project so much! I will post all the states they sent as soon as I get the list from Petr.

Thank you so much Bob!

This beautiful family is my niece, nephew and their mom. They live in OHIO, and even though their schedule is packed with work and school, they were so sweet and helped with our project too. You are so wonderful! Love you guys!


There are many cards coming from Dick and Beth Gilligans. They have been wonderful friends of ours for years and our boys adore them! :-) As far as I know, they sent cards from NEW JERSEY, MASSACHUSETTS, CHICAGO ...

There is no way we could forget these wonderful people. Scott and Susan Kreyer sent not only several cards, from NORTH CAROLINA and SOUTH CAROLINA, but he also received a package from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from them. He got a shirt, sea shells, sand and other little goodies he put in his keepsake box and treasures them. You guys are so wonderful! We are so lucky to have such wonderful neighbors!


I just got an email from my friend Amy Colburn. They were also part of my project and added INDIANA to our collection! Thank you guys! What a beautiful family :-) This is the beautiful Mommy and handsome Daddy ...

... and adorable Paige and cute Sawyer...

Here is another photo of the Colburns and Wheelers. Amy, Bill, Paige and Sawyer is the family to the left from the bride. This photo is from Amy's brother's wedding. We also got a card from her parents, standing to the right of the bride and groom, Heidi and Scott.

... and these are her parents... Oma and Papa Wheeler (Barbara and Marty) who sent a card from MASSACHUSETTS. Thank you so much for your card! Petr loves all of his cards!

There are other people I need to put on this blog, but I have to get their photos first. Please, be patient and check back soon! You never know... you might find yourself here too! :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your slide show made me cry! The song is so perfect. It just reminds me that the World really is very small. We all want the same kinds of things out of life. And a tiny little postcard can really weave a wonderful web of connections and circumstances. What a great project!

November 9, 2008 at 11:48 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home